Logo

Logo
The Smart Med Card

Friday, August 12, 2011

Emergency Medical ID Bracelets: Life vs. Looks - Should This be an Issue?


Unfortunately, today’s generations seem to be heading down a dangerous path when it comes to health and well-being. They are becoming overly concerned with looks and ‘dignity’, especially in situations that pose threat to their very lives. The only solution that meets their needs, unfortunately, are limiters in life-saving abilities and do next to nothing for anyone providing life-saving aid. This mentality needs to change!


Here is one great example that showcases my point: (Quoted from http://mldollaz.wordpress.com/2009/08/27/medical-id-bracelets-what/):

So, I started looking for one of these medical ID bracelets. If you know me, you know I hate silver and all types. I’m a 24K gold girl. This is the best I could find…Are you kidding me?? Ewww. I’d rather get a tattoo on my wrist than wear that! I’m off in search of more options. So, next time you see me, if I’m wearing a hideous bracelet…

So, it seems that the author above, and a plethora of others, would rather spend $60+ on a bracelet that looks pretty and has engraved at most her name, phone, and address, a medical fact. Knowing that someone is diabetic or epileptic is only so helpful - why choose any aid for a condition over the fastest, most correct aid - only administered by having a complete medical history?

To our readers, let me pose this to you. If you were away from home and your only ID is your bracelet-your only chance of sure-survival being someone on the street and the Emergency Medical Providers they called in, what would you rather be wearing – something that looks expensive and helps fill your daily ‘my received compliments jar’, or something that will have any and all of your medical facts, decisions, and family information they would need to ensure you get the best possible treatment.


Smart Med Bracelet
Don't go without our Emergency Medical ID USB Bracelet - think about what your life means to you and your loved ones-and protect it the best way you can! Visit http://www.thesmartmedcard.com and pick up the only bracelet you will ever wear that could become the only reason your life was saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment